7 C's of Effective Communication
Q: What are the 7 C's of an effective communication? (IP University, BCA Sem-1)Answer:
Effective communication is one of the important key to efficient business. Effective communication can be achieved by having thorough understanding of communication process. The seven C's of an effective communications are:
- Clarity of Expression
- Completeness of information
- Conciseness of message
- Concreteness in presentation
- Courtesy towards recipient
- Correctness of facts
- Consideration for receiver.
Q: List the barriers to communication.
- Lack of Planning
- Ambiguity in message
- False Assumptions
- Distortions in message
- Implied Meanings
- Passing Judgments
- Lack of Trust
Q: What are the elements of communications?
Answer: Important elements of a communications are:
1. Communication involves at least two persons
(a) The addresser (sender) and
(b) the addressee (receiver).
2. Message: the contents of the message.
3. The channel: the medium through which the message travels, e.g. letter, telephone,e-mail, etc.
4. Language code: the language of the message e.g. English, French, Hindi, etc.
5. The message syntax or form: the selection of particular grammar and lexical choices of the message.
6. The setting: the social and physical setting.