MCA - Semester 4 - Design and Analysis Of Algorithms (End Term Paper 2016)
standard algorithm-analysis techniques. To apply and adapt fundamental algorithms (sorting, searching, order statistics, graph algorithms) to new situations. To solve problems and to express your solutions using the language and concepts of algorithms and its mathematical tools.
The question paper structure, usually follows the given below pattern:
1. Question No. 1 should be compulsory and cover the entire syllabus. There should be 10 questions of short answer type of 2 marks each, having at least 2 questions from each unit.
2. Apart from Question No. 1, rest of the paper shall consist of four units as per the syllabus. Every unit should have two questions to evaluate analytical/technical skills of candidate. However, student may be asked to attempt only 1 question from each unit. Each question should be 10 marks including sub-parts, if any.
Recommended Text Books are:
1. Jon Kleinberg and Eva Tardos, “Algorithm Design”, Pearson Edition, 2006.
2. Richard Neapolitan and Kumarss Naimipour, “Foundations of Algorithms”, Jones & Bartlett, 2004.
3. T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest and C. Stein, “Introduction to Algorithms” PHI, 3 rd Ed., 2009.